We are so excited to announce that Escape Room Scarborough is re-opening on 18th July 2020. We’ve missed you! We are anxious to see you again as we all help each other get back to “normal”!
As always, we appreciate your support of our business. We love providing a fun place for people to get together. And now, more than ever, it’s a safe place as well. We’ve added several extra measures to further protect everyone – please read the following to ensure you understand how seriously we take your health and safety in these unprecedented times.
- Firstly, as always, ALL bookings are private, meaning that you will never be mixed with people outside the group you book with.
- A full Covid-19 Risk Assessment has been prepared in accordance with government requirements and has been shared with all staff. A copy of the Risk Assessment is available on request.
- Please ensure that your party arrive at the designated time. In the current situation, it is particularly important that games begin on time. Therefore, your booking time is the time that you must arrive.
- We’ve made a number of changes to our premises and game times to ensure that your ‘bubble’ (i.e. your party) does not come into close contact with any other groups. When you first arrive, you will make your way into our new Box Office, where you can collect your tickets and (if necessary) make payment by card or cash. You will then make your way to our new large waiting area in the Hogsmead Tavern, where you can sit comfortably in your designated zone. If you want to order refreshments these will be brought to your table for you.
- You will then watch a small number of briefing videos, designed to ensure that you fully understand the health and safety aspects of your experience, as well as the requirements of the game itself. Please ensure that all members of your group watch these videos carefully!
- You will then make your way to your game space and your game will begin. After your game you should make your way back to the Box Office where you will have your photograph taken. You will then leave through a separate exit to ensure you do not come into contact with other patrons.
- We’ve altered our booking times so our staff has ample time to clean and sanitize everything in each game and other common areas before the next group arrives.
- We’ve unfortunately had to take the decision to temporarily place many of our props behind glass or Perspex. This is to minimise the risk of contamination from these items. We are confident that your enjoyment of any of our games will not suffer as a result of this – it is better to be safe than sorry!
- All surfaces are cleaned between games, with commonly handled items (such as padlocks) swapped out to ensure proper cleaning can take place.
- In line with the government’s ‘Track and Trace’ policy, we will require EVERY MEMBER of your team to provide us with basic details (name, address, e-mail and phone number). We will store this data only for the purposes of supplying it to authorised agencies in the event of a ‘Track and Trace’ situation arising. If you book online, you will be able to provide this information before coming – otherwise we will require you to complete it once you arrive.
- We provide HAND SANITIZER in common areas and outside each game room and encourage all guests to use it before and after playing.
- Staff members are required to wear FACE MASKS at all times when in proximity of the guests. Guests are welcome to wear face masks if desired, and disposable face masks and gloves will be available for purchase from the Box Office if required.
- Staff members are required to WASH THEIR HANDS frequently with soap and water.
- Staff members will not be scheduled to work if they show signs of sickness.
- If anyone in your party is displaying signs of sickness (fever, cough, etc) you must stay at home. You will be able to reschedule your game by calling us on 01723 372147.
- If you reschedule more than three hours before your booking, there will be NO COST to you.
- Anything rescheduled less than three hours before the booking time may be charged an administration fee of £15 per booking as a staff member will have already been assigned to run your game.
- WALK-INS will only be accommodated if there is adequate staff on site and if rooms are available that comply with our spacing schedule.
We are so glad to be open again and to host your activities at Scarborough’s only Escape Room!